Tuesday, February 13, 2007

L.A.U.S.D. East Valley High Ceremony • NoHo SkyScraper • DOWNTOWN AIR RAID SIREN • Lots of LAKE BALBOA • NoHo ART January

ST. NOHO
A Native's Eye on Sunland Tujunga and North Hollywood




• L.A.U.S.D. East Valley High
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony































NoHo's new East Valley High School just blocks
east of the Metro Station. This fanatastic school
plant will include an Olympic size swimming pool.
February opened the school to the community.
The team name is the Falcons.

I went to North Hollywood High that was built
in the 1930's. The Huskies H-U-S-K-I-E-S yeah.
Many famous students were from my ol' school
such as Bert Convy, Terri Garr, Adam Carola
and John Ritter.

I'm sure East Valley will continue in this Valley's
claim to fame, and that's FAME.







• NoHo SkyScraper














VALLEY PLAZA U.S.A. San Fernando Valley
ancient O.G. shopping center. This edifice still
dominates the Valley sky here in NoHo.


• DownTown BeeHive?























What, Where [where dwntwn]
is this BEEHIVE-like structure?

ANOTHER ancient AIR RAID SIREN
1950's 'homeland security'
TESTED ONCE A MONTH the last friday
of every month at 10 a.m. citywide
THIS ONE ON Olive at 1st streets
next to the jury parking lot.
















• "SAN FERNANDO VALLEY"



by Gordon Jenkins
Oh! I'm packing my grip
And I'm leav-in' to-day,
'Cause I'm takin' a trip
Cal-i-for-nia way


I'm gon-na set-tle down and nev-er more roam
And make the SAN FER-NAN-DO VAL0LEY my home.

I'll for-get my sins,
I'll be mak-in' new friends,
Where the West be-gins
And the sun-set ends,
'Cause I've de-cid-ed where "yours tru-ly" should be
And it's the SAN FER-NAN-DO VAL-LEY for me

I think that I'm safe in stat-in'
{She - He} will be wait-in'
When my lone-ly jour-ney is done-
And kind-ly old Rev-'rend Thomas
Made us a pro-mise
He will make the two of us one.

So, I'm hit-tin' the trail
To the cow coun-try.
You can for-ward my mail
Care of R.F.D.
I'm gon-na set-tle down and nev-er more roam
And make the SAN FER-NAN-DO VAL-LEY my home

February 2007 views
of Balboa Lake in the
center of the SFV with
crains,geese and waterfalls,
and WW II AIRCRAFT, today!
ENJOY.








• NoHo "The Good Life "

Art Gallery Opening


_____________________________


LINKS TO LAST POSTS ON

NOHO HISTORY-
TRAINS, RESTAURANTS,
MARKETS, EXPLOSIONS

ON HOLLYWOOD BLVD...

∆clic∆



SO CAL CITYSITES


• MAYOR SAML.A. OBSERVED

LOS ANJEALOUS • FRANKLIN AVE •

•BLOGDOWNTOWN5th AND SPRING

• ECHO PARKATWATER VILLAGE NEWBIE •

HERE IN VAN NUYSL.A. VOICE

• L.A.P.D. BLOGL.A.F.D. BLOG

______________________________

• HOME oilchange DEPOT [no!]







• NOHO RAILROAD STATION, yes.






Copters
& Cokes





ANTARCTICA WEATHER
IN NOHO
57 (fifty-seven) YEARS AGO !



______________________________

Sunland Tujunga & North Hollywood
are the City of Los Angeles,
California in the U.S.A.
















We also live in the County of Los Angeles
this is the evil maybe x-logo that has that
G-d reference, and other stuff of the devils.
The County has used for it decades, WHO KNEW?




We can always make fun of ourselves
as with the fake-logo for Kalifoana.
With this neighborhood blog about
these cities with unique
historys and lifestyles,
we will shed some humor
and truths concerning our
Los Angeles

No comments: